Extra Help and Improvement Activities Provided by CCTI
- Monday/Thursday After School Extra Help
- Tutoring during school hours and after school help
- In-Class support/Co-Teaching
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Test Preparation Course
- Utilizing re-tests
- Classroom Diagnostic Tools (CDT)
- “Bell Ringer” Activities Related to Standardized Tests (NOCTI, Keystone Exams)
- Math/Reading/Science Tutors
- SAT Prep
- Integrated Career and Technical Lessons
- PDP Program
- Writing Portfolio
- Transition Team/SAP Team
- Small Class Size-Average less than 15
- Daily Work Ethic Grade
- Daily Attendance Calls
Student Assistance Program (SAP)
The SAP team is a group of teachers and key support personnel who systematically work with students and their families to assist them in the removal of barriers to learning and school success. It is a school-based program that does not engage in diagnosis or treatment. Students may be referred to SAP by fellow students, teachers, support staff, parents or through self referral. Oversight for SAP is provided by the PA Departments of Education, Health, and Public Welfare.
The website www.yellowribbon.org is recommended as an excellent resource for depression and suicide.
CCTI utilizes the Carbon-Monroe-Pike Drug & Alcohol Commission to provide services to students. These include drug assessments, individual and group counseling, and technical assistance.
CCTI Transition Team
In order to ensure the success of every student to the fullest possible extent, CCTI has established a Transition Team. The goal is to identify students experiencing difficulty of any kind and make appropriate interventions. To achieve this goal the team monitors the progress of students in the career and technical area and academic areas.