This is a special program geared to allow all students within Carbon County an opportunity to take advantage of the considerable resources at CCTI. Students can attend our career and technical courses on a flexible schedule that meets their needs. This allows for valuable hands-on training coupled with a rigorous academic program at the student’s home high school.
Criteria for FLEX Students at CCTI
- There must be an opening in the requested program. Instructors shall meet with the student before admission. Amount of time is flexible, as little as 50 minutes. (Students who attend a CTE course for two or more hours every day would be considered a half-time student.)
- Requesting student must be in 12th grade and be on track to graduate on time.
- Requesting student must be highly motivated and willing to work independently at times.
- Student may apply within 30 days of the start of each semester and may enter at the beginning of each semester.
- The sending district must provide transportation to and from CCTI.
- Student and program instructor will develop an individual education plan including an attendance and disciplinary contract for the time of attendance, based on the student’s interests/needs and the program task list.
- Sending district will determine the credit awarded for the program.
- A CCTI designee will provide a grade to the sending school guidance counselor. The credits awarded should not be required for graduation.
- All applicants must complete a packet which includes an application form, report card and 11th grade PSSA results.