Adult Education Employment Opportunities
Carbon Career & Technical Institute is developing a pool of potential instructors for technical, business, and personal interest programs in the Adult Education Department.
A competitive hourly salary will be offered commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience. These positions are not benefits eligible. Days and times of classes will vary. Courses are run in the evenings (3:30-9:00 pm) from August to June. Mid-June to mid-August courses are offered during the day (7:30 am-3:30 pm).
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying area of interest, and a list of three professional references to the Adult Education Site Supervisor.
Carbon Career & Technical Institute – Adult Education
150 West 13th Street
Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
Adult Evening Welding Instructor
Carbon Career & Technical Institute is looking for a part-time evening Welding Instructor. The purpose of this position is to provide theoretical and hands-on instruction designed to promote social, intellectual and employment growth. The ultimate goal is to produce entry-level, employable students or to further the education of those already employed.
The selected candidate must demonstrate proficiency with SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, OFC and Plasma cutting. AWS certification preferred and excellent communication skills required. The candidate must have minimum of 3 years documented welding experience.
For detailed information about this career opportunity, please contact the Adult Education Site Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-325-3682 x1517. Open until filled. EOE
Adult Education Evening Esthetician/Nail Technician Instructor
Carbon Career & Technical Institute is seeking an evening adult class instructor for evening Esthetician/Nail Technician courses. Evenings 4:00-9:00 p.m. availability. Must have a valid PA Board of Cosmetology teacher license. Interested persons submit a letter of interest and resume to: Carbon Career & Technical Institute, 150 W. 13th Street, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229, Attn: Francine Kluck or e-mail email@example.com. All mandated clearances required upon hire. Questions call Francine Kluck at 570-325-3682 x1517 Deadline for applications: Open Until Filled. EOE
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- Allied Health
- Auto Collision Repair
- Boating Safety
- Computer Applications
- Driver’s Education
- Forklift Certification
- GED Preparation
- Nail Technician
- Oil Burner/Heating Systems Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Personal Enrichment
- Personal Health/Wellness
- Precision Machine Technology
- Residential Plumbing
- Residential Wiring
- PENN DOT Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Certification
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager
- Welding Technology
- Act 34- PA Access to Criminal History- Obtain a criminal record check online via PATCH (Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History).
- Act 151 -PA Child Welfare- Obtain a criminal record check online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/Home
- Act 114- FBI Clearance
- Act 24 – Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form
- Act 168 – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Sexual Misconduct-Abuse Disclosure Release 168
- School Personnel Health Record
- Act 126 – CARR (Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting) – Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login and password information
- Act 71 – Youth Suicide Awareness & Prevention and Child Exploitation Awareness Education – Please contact email@example.com for login and password information