Adult Education Employment Opportunities
Carbon Career & Technical Institute is developing a pool of potential instructors for technical, business, and personal interest programs in the Adult Education Department.
A competitive hourly salary will be offered commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience. These positions are not benefits eligible. Days and times of classes will vary. Courses are run in the evenings (3:30-9:00 pm) from August to June. Mid-June to mid-August courses are offered during the day (7:30 am-3:30 pm).
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying area of interest, and a list of three professional references to the Adult Education Site Supervisor.
Carbon Career & Technical Institute – Adult Education
150 West 13th Street
Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
GED Instructors Needed for Fall 2019
- Instructors needed: Day, Evening, and Carbon County Prison classes available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs GED classroom/group instruction while integrating workplace and team building skills as appropriate to student goals.
- Advises students on an as-needed basis, providing modifications in instruction where appropriate.
- Prescribes appropriate methods and resources
- Administers and monitors standardized testing for assessment.
- Tracks student progress, keeps statistical information, produces reports.
- Plans teaching strategies and activities that are appropriate for adults.
- Maintains a portfolio of work on each student.
- Completes paperwork as required.
- Conducts follow-ups on poor student attendance by phone calls.
- Motivates and encourages students.
- Produces student and/or class reports on an as needed basis.
Bachelor’s in appropriate field required. Experience in working with nontraditional adult students.
All PDE mandatory background checks (Act 24, Act 34, Act 114, Act 151, Act 168) and required certifications due upon hire. Contact Francine Kluck, at 570-325-3682 ext. 1517 or email@example.com
. Deadline: Position open until filled. EOE
CCTI offers a variety of courses in subjects including, but not limited to:
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- Allied Health
- Auto Collision Repair
- Boating Safety
- Computer Applications
- Driver’s Education
- Forklift Certification
- GED Preparation
- Nail Technician
- Oil Burner/Heating Systems Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Personal Enrichment
- Personal Health/Wellness
- Precision Machine Technology
- Residential Plumbing
- Residential Wiring
- PENN DOT Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Certification
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager
- Welding Technology