CCTI Updates – 9/22/2023
Greetings from CCTI. Below is an update of school happenings:
- Junior/Senior Information Night is 9/28 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Junior/Senior events and post-secondary planning will be discussed.
- CCTI’s Transition Team is up and running. The Transition Team is a group of student support staff here to help ensure our students’ success. The goal is to identify students experiencing difficulty (academic, attendance, behavioral, etc.) and make appropriate interventions. To achieve this goal, the team monitors the progress of students in the career and technical area and academic areas. Students or parents who would like the assistance of the Transition Team should reach out to one of their teachers to refer them or contact Michele Klock at 570-325-3682 ex. 1224
- CCTI’s After School Extra Help Program is up and running. Every Monday and Thursday, from 2:05 until 3:30, tutoring will be offered for every subject. There are two sessions. The first one is from 2:05 to 2:45 and the second session is from 2:45 to 3:30. Students can sign up for a different subject each session or the same subject for both. For example, a student can sign up for English tutoring during the first session and Science tutoring during the second. Or a student can sign up for math tutoring for both sessions. Students must sign up for every session individually. Sign up through Google Classroom. Transportation and refreshments are provided. Contact Mrs. Hyjurick at 570-325-3682 ex.1311 if you have any questions.
- CCTI’s Student Assistance Program (SAP ) is up and running. The SAP team is a group of teachers and key support personnel who systematically work with students and their families to assist them in the removal of barriers to learning and school success. It is a school-based program that does not engage in diagnosis or treatment but will facilitate resources for the student and family. Students may be referred to SAP by fellow students, teachers, support staff, parents or through self-referral. CCTI utilizes the Carbon-Monroe-Pike Drug and Alcohol as well Carbon-Monroe-Pike Mental Health Developmental Services to provide services to students and families. These include drug assessments, mental health assessments, and individual counseling.
Contact Mrs. Shaeffer if you have any questions. 570-325-3682 ex. 1301
- Welcome new staff! Larissa Genetti and Amy Guth are joining our Science Department. Welcome Libby Smith and Alexandria Ventrella to our Instructional Aide staff.
- ½ day Friday,9/29, students will be dismissed at 10:30
- Guidance and staff will be visiting our five sending districts the first week of October recruiting 8th and 9th graders. Students and parents are welcome to attend our Art Show and Open House October 11th 5-8.
Dave Reinbold Michelle Allen
Interim Administrative Director Principal