CCTI – Technology update:
- Bring Your Own Device/One-to-one Chromebooks for academics—Students are permitted to bring their own laptop/Chromebook etc. for daily use. Students who wish/need to have a Chromebook for daily use will be given a CCTI Chromebook. It will be theirs to take home and bring to school for the entire school year if needed. They will not be taking one from a cart every morning/period and returning it before day’s end.
Exception—For the first week or two, students in academics who need a Chromebook will take one from the cart in the morning and return it to the cart in the afternoon (the batteries should be good for 8 hours). As soon as we determine need and supply we will distribute Chromebooks to all who need them as discussed above. Plan your computer use during the first week or two accordingly.
- System Requirements- Must be using a recent version of Google Chrome.
- Windows: Windows 7 and up.
- Apple Mac: Sierra (10.12) and up
- Google Chromebook running latest version of Google Chrome.
- Most other tablets or mobile devices that can run the lastest version of Google Chrome.
- Public Wifi – CCTI will have an available Public Wifi connectable throughout entire building.
- No Cell phones (Android, Samsung, Apple iPhone ect.). Cell phones will not be a permitted device for Google Classroom instruction due to some mobile version web browser limitations.